Wednesday, October 10, 2007

weightless


For Christmas my sister's bought me the Bible on CD. I could not have asked for a better gift these days. I have thousands upon thousands of pages of reading for nursing school + with my congested daily commute, it has been wonderful. Today I was listening to 1 Corinthians + experienced a break through. It was not just words on a page, but the Holy Spirit opened my heart + mind and in an instance I reached a point I thought was weeks + months down the road: Forgiveness.

"Judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God." [1 Cor 4:5]

We're encountered a lot + my heart has been heavy. Then, I realized that TRULY I do not need to seek justice or revenge. God Himself will do it for me. I do not have to agree to what has been done or not done or how something was done. I had thought I did, but God does not compromise. He does not justify sinful actions. He loves people, yet He still hates sin. And I can do the same! Oh how freeing it is to know that I do not have to agree with the acts, but I can just love the people. God's Word is so powerful. It is unlike anything else I could read. Unlike ANYTHING.

No comments: