Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Inaugural Ride


For those of you who don't ride motorcycles, there's a good chance this post will bore you to pieces. Today, I came home from school and flushed the radiator on my bike. First of all, you must understand that these things always take longer than expected. After finishing, I called a friend to hang out, but he was busy. It was 47 degrees, so I decided it was time for my first good ride of the season.

As I hit the semi-open road, I once again felt the wind in my face and the rumble of the engine directly beneath me. I stopped at the gas station and treated her to a nice tank full of premium gasoline. As I twist my wrist, the 1100 CCs are at my command and I pass cars with ease. It is here that I escape from the pressures of life and the responsibility of homework, and I just ride. All that exists is my bike, the road, and the sound of classic rock coming through my stereo. I thought about nothing, I worried about nothing, and I ended up exactly where I started. But I was not the same. Riding season is open...

2 comments:

brightoctoberdreams said...

amen, the breath of spring has arrived. man, i wish i had a bike now...

Anonymous said...

I get it!
-G