Thursday, November 29, 2007

As the days grow colder...

Motorcycle season is officially over! This is always a slightly depressing realization for me. I really enjoy riding. There's something about it that just changes everything. When I come out of my 12 hour days at school, I get on my motorcycle and I'm free! Now, I'm just cold. However, I have started listening to the Chronicles of Narnia, and that has made the car not so bad.
God has really kicked by butt lately. A few weeks back, I read an incredible book called "The Peacemaker." I think that everyone should read it, because it is life-changing! I read this book as I was preparing to go into a meeting with someone who I felt had wronged me greatly. As I read about conflict and was challenged to consider how I had contributed to it, my world of self-deception fell apart and I was forced to take a long hard look at the ugly person I have been. Issues of gossip, backstabbing, and rebellion had set up camp in my life, and somehow I was completely blind to it. What a patient God we have! Somehow He knows what we need and when we need it. Had this realization come sooner, maybe it would not have had the same effect.
Confessing and receiving forgiveness from people and from God has incredible power. After doing this, I was instantly set free from my own anger and bitterness that has laid siege on my life these last months. It's really quite incredible. So here's the lesson...take care of crap between you and other people, and God will bless you for it. Read the book, trust me! It's by Ken Sande.

No comments: