Monday, November 26, 2007

To be OR not to be a Nurse

I wish I knew the answer. Before this school year I was confident in the whole nursing thing. Funny that I could be so certain before stepping foot into a hospital. But, I was. I loved my science classes, loved working w/ people, + loved everything I knew about nursing. I cannot capture my current struggles with a phrase or connect them back to a certain experience. This first semester has just been hard. Really hard.

I am exhausted. I am disheartened. And really, I am so confused as to what to do next. I've been doing my best and plowing through the end of the semester w/out thinking. That way, I would not base my decision on emotions, but I would have the freedom of Christmas break to really evaluate. Really analyze why I am doing this.

So here's to Christmas break. It's only 2 1/2 weeks away. We'll be packing up our house. Moving in w/ friends. And deciding a big chunk of our future. Let's hear it for good times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.