Monday, August 04, 2008

Bus Bugs

In case you've missed our updates about our constantly changing travel plans, we are now in Kiev, Ukraine. We're spending time with some missionaries here who run an international church that is run in English. There are many people living in Kiev who are from other countries and speak English, and this is an awesome church. They finally had to turn off the lights an hour and 15 minutes after the service to get people to leave. They informed me this is a normal occurrence, but usually those left in the church come to Paul and Christine's house and hang out, cook, and eat lunch together. I love church like that! These people really know and love each other, and it's pretty awesome.

So you know that mosquito from Jurassic Park? I think it bit me. Either that, or somebody hit me with a pipe when I was sleeping. On the way to Kiev, my legs were itching a bit, which is normal, since I've been getting bit all summer by mosquitoes. However, this was no run of the mill mosquito. My ankle has swollen up like mad, and it hurts to walk on it, which has put marathon training at a bit of a pause for me. I've taken plenty of Benadryl, but it's not doing he trick. Today I'm going to see a doctor who is a friend of theirs to see what she things about things. It's kind of a reminder how vulnerable we truly are as humans. I mean some little bug that's smaller than a fingernail can put me down for the count. Sometimes I think I'm like the teenager who thinks that they are invincible, and then I get these little reminders. Such is life.

Oh yeah, we come home in 2 weeks!

No comments: