Friday, June 27, 2008

The Life You've Always Wanted

As you all know, life has looked a bit different for us this summer than we had originally planned. The Home of Hope isn't open, and we're not working in contact with as many trafficked women as we expected, however, God's pretty good with plans. A lot of what's been happening this summer has been God working in us and changing us. It's been pretty awesome.

I've been reading a book called "The Life You've Always Wanted" by John Ortberg, and it's been awesome. There aren't many books that I would recommend to EVERY Christian I know, but here's my list: The Bible, The Life You've Always Wanted. It has been incredible. I'm even reading it and taking notes!

This morning I read about slowing down your life so that you can enjoy it more, and so that you can give God some space to work. This is something that has happened to us this summer, even though we didn't make a choice to do so (maybe God knew this was the only way we'd actually slow down!). It's been really great, and life really is more enjoyable when you take time to enjoy it (seems kinda obvious, but we don't really do it).

So pick up a copy of this book, and if you're disappointed, I give you permission to punch me in the stomach next time you see me!

1 comment:

bigdaddy said...

Bill, "The Life You Always Wanted", i suppose the title itself makes people wonder. i will pick up a copy of the book and if i am disappointed i promise i won't punch you in the stomach, maybe the arm. imagine really slowing down. being empty nesters, many think that we have nothing to do. however, i rarely find myself with nothing to do. is there any hope of the Home of Hope opening before you leave? that sure would be cool if it did. perhaps Gods' reason for you being there this summer is something totally different then what you expected. Dad